Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Voting Day!

It's November 4th, and across the country that means that people are heading to the polls. In a fit of patriotic fervor I pulled out an incredibly old t-shirt, and headed out to vote with a message! (Yes, this shirt is from over eight years ago, when message t-shirts were still a big trend.)
Be a Chooser, Not a Loser, Vote!
 When I finally was able to find my polling location, one of the workers complimented my shirt, which made me feel a little bit better about wearing something that felt a little bit old and maybe a little too on topic.


 To pull the look together as something other than just a t-shirt I paired it with a skirt from Loft and a red belt that I found on Amazon. I kept the colors really, really simple so that I could let the message of the shirt stay front and center, and so that it didn't feel too much like a costume.


This skirt is one of my favorites, although I don't wear it too often. It walks the line between casual and dressed up, and so I'm trying to figure out way s to make it work in a variety of ways, such as this fairly casual look. Isn't the overlay just too much fun?


 RBG voted that she should get to chew my shoes, but I had to veto that particular option! These are a relatively new purchase from Payless, and I love the menswear inspired details. You should definitely check them out, at $14 I think they're a steal! I find that they run just a smidge small, so if you're between sizes I would consider sizing up a half size. And make sure you vote today if you haven't!



Celebrate Southern Linkup: 2 cats & chloe.

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Good for you for voting AND for dressing for the job!! Love it!! Thank you so much for joining J and myself {www.2catsandchloe.com} for the Celebrate Southern Linkup! I’m pinning your post to our official Celebrate Southern Pin Board now! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super cute voting outfit! I love it! Thanks for sharing and thanks for joining Celebrate Southern link up dear! :)

    ReplyDelete