Monday, November 3, 2014

Faux-Fall

I know that at this point I've talked a lot about the weather, and how it's never chilly in Houston. However, this weekend we had a cold chill, where the temps actually dropped down pretty darn low! I was over the moon, and excited to finally be able to share some outfits that featured sweaters, boots, and all the fun cool weather looks that are available. Unfortunately, the weather didn't stay, and the high today is int he 80s. So, I'll have to continue with the faux-fall looks, and I hope that you'll forgive me.


These boots are new, and I'm really enjoying their super tall shaft. I like that they go to my knee, which will make it easier to transition somewhat shorter dresses into fall. You can find them here, for only $23, and with free shipping and returns if you have an Amazon Prime membership. I have somewhat large calves, and I found these to be a good fit, so that's an additional thing to keep in mind!


This dress is about four years old now, and originally came from the sales rack at Delia's. I've mostly looked at Delia's products online and in catalogs, but the Houston Galleria has an actual physical location. I really like this dress, it's so simple that it can be accessorized in a ton of different ways, and the thick fabric means I can transition it into colder weather fairly well. The scarf was  gift from my sister, and to be totally honest, I'm not entirely sure where it came from, although I believe it's from Old Navy.


I had to include this picture. Not only do you get a better feel for the true color of the boots, but so that you'll know what I go through every day when getting dressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment