Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Textures and Colors

I've shown you a few of the more business professional styles, and now I'd like to show you a way to use textured and colorful pieces for a work look that's fun and unique!



Something that I like to do in buying clothes is find something that is an essential basic, such as a black blouse, and find a way a piece that has a little bit of extra interest or flare. Here, instead of just wearing a black blouse with this skirt, I've paired a lace top, that adds a little bit of texture. I wear a white tank under, so that the detail of the lace really pops, but you could also wear it with a black tank, for a more subdued look. I bought this top from Kohls.


 The skirt is a simple pencil skirt, but the color here is what makes it interesting! I added the belt, because the tucking wasn't laying totally flat, and the belt was a good way to work around that issue. You can slightly see the cheetah print of my shoes! Again, an essentially neutral piece with a little bit of extra interest.


This skirt is from T.J. Maxx, and the shoes came from Payless (and the shoes are on sale right now! Check them out). For an extra fun play on the blue pencil skirt, I especially like this one from Target!

A little bit of wisdom, that I discovered when walking around town. Amos, you're wiser than I'll ever be. 

pleated poppy
Check out Pleated Poppy, who I'm linking up with!

10 comments:

  1. Me likey...the lace and the blue is just perfect together. The leopard flats was also a very nice torch to this outfit.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The leopard flats are new, but I think they'll be in pretty constant rotation

      Delete
  2. Great work outfit! I love pairing black with royal blue...such a great combo! And great piece of wisdom!

    Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a fun play on color, I love it too!

      Delete
  3. nice combo, stunning blouse! and amos is wise kid, indeed.

    xx
    a possible fantasy
    -----
    find me on twitter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable outfit!

    Mel
    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lace is a great way to add texture to an outfit. :) Happy Thursday!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! It always feels so fun and ladylike

      Delete