Wednesday, October 8, 2014

On Wednesdays We Wear Pink

But as we all know, orange is the new pink! (Not really, Elle Woods would be the first to tell us this is a lie.) I always like to take a basic color palate and spice it up with interesting accessories, and that's what I did with this outfit. I paired a fairly basic, put pretty, dress with bright shoes and jewelry.



This dress is from J. Crew Factory, and I've found that the waist hits a little high, so I like to bring it a smidge lower with the addition of a belt. I love the pattern of this dress, as it looks so classy. It's also super comfortable. (I also got it on clearance, which always makes you appreciate something a little more, right?) Today's accessory color of choice was primarily orange, driven by need for easy to wear shoes and this beautiful necklace, which was a gift.


I absolutely love these shoes. They are so cheerful, and I never wear them without getting a compliment. I picked them out about two years ago on clearance at Gap for $5, and because of that they're no longer in store, but if you're interested I found a few pairs on Ebay.

  

All together, this is one of my ideal work outfits. I can easily pair this dress with a blazer or a cardigan, depending on where work takes me on that particular day. It's also bright enough that I stay happy throughout the day. And really, what more can you ask for on a Wednesday?  

I'm trying a link-up for the first time today, and this post is part of The Pleated Poppy's "What I Wore Wednesday" It's amazing to see the variety of outfits that are out there, and the creativity that these women are using in getting dressed.
pleated poppy

2 comments:

  1. I love the print of that dress and when you find things on clearance at a great price - it makes it even better.

    BTW, I host a weekly TBT Fashion link up on Thursdays and hope you will join me.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Clearance shopping is such a rush! And I definitely left a link for the link-up! :)

      Delete