Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Look Like Fall

We had a particularly cool morning in Houston today, although it warmed up significantly as the day progressed. Because of the beautiful weather, I decided to pull out one of my more fall-ish looks. As I was walking into work, another woman in the building complimented my boots, and told me that I "looked like fall." Her words totally made my morning! Isn't it so amazing how a compliment out of nowhere can totally lift your mood? I want to get better about complimenting the strangers with amazing style I see in my life, because everyone should have their mood lifted every now and then.


Photographing this skirt gave me a ton of trouble, for some reason I had a lot of difficulty getting the maroon color to really pop.  The skirt itself comes from Ann Taylor Loft, and is technically labelled as a mini skirt. However, I have shortish legs, so I am able to get a little more coverage out of it. I can't find the exact style, but similar choices are here and here.


I paired the slightly short skirt with an uber-conservative top, so that it is still business appropriate. I also brought in the maroon color in my necklace as well, with a Michael Kors watch being a perfect accessory. (I bought mine on Amazon, the prices were cheaper, and I got free shipping via Prime!)



Finally, the true color of my skirt showed through! I mainly wanted to show off these adorable booties, which are the perfect fun completion to any outfit. I find that maroon works really well with almost any color, and functions almost as a neutral. Plus, these boots are super comfortable, and still give me a height boost! Mine are originally from American Eagle, and you can find similar pairs here and here. (The Old Navy ones are on sale in maroon!)


Partially through the day I decided to start wearing my necklace like this, and I really like how it makes it more noticeable, and a bigger part of the overall style of this outfit! What do you think, does it look better over or under the collar?

Today I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy and Cappuccino and Fashion!
pleated poppy

12 comments:

  1. love the bag

    itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a christmas/graduation/birthday gift from my roommate, and one of my favorite things I own!

      Delete
  2. casual elegance! love the skirt!

    xx
    a possible fantasy
    -----
    if you follow me via bloglovin', please let me know so i can follow back. thank you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm digging those burgundy booties!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's definitely one of my favorite colors!

      Delete
  4. So nice outfit, love the bag!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.
    Alena & http://garmentsspeech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this outfit! And i love your green kate spade!!

    xo, carli
    Puppies and Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Kate Spade is definitely my nicest bag, and my go to!

      Delete